Acapo AS is one of the leading IP consultancy firms in Norway. For nearly 100 years we have assisted Norwegian and international clients in protecting their intellectual property rights. We cover all technical areas and assist in everything from strategic advice and drafting of applications, to legal disputes resolution.
Acapo has offices in Bergen, Oslo, Trondheim and Fredrikstad. Today, the company has 36 employees, including Attorneys-at-Law and Patent Attorneys. Acapo is a privately-owned company where the shareholders are employed in the company.
Acapo is now looking for talented and highly motivated Patent Attorneys or Senior Patent Agents within electrical and/or mechanical engineering.
The positions will involve drafting of patent applications, prosecution of patent applications, freedom-to-operate analysis and full client responsibility with support from colleagues at Acapo. You will have the responsibility for addressing all IP needs of our clients, including working closely with inventors to evaluate, draft, file and prosecute patent applications. You will advise and assist clients to ensure the they obtain the best overall protection of their IP assets. The position will involve a challenging and diverse range of tasks.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Technical background M.Sc., Ph.D. or similar within electrical and/or mechanical engineering
- Qualified European Patent Attorney (EPA)
- 5+ years’ experience within the patent industry
- Excellent written and spoken English. Norwegian or another Scandinavian language is preferable, but not essential.
- Analytical, structured, organized, self-driven and proactive.
- Client and serviced focused.
- Excellent collaboration, team-working and communication skills.
- Identification with and promotion of Acapo’s values, “credibility, involvement and creativity, result orientation, interaction and learning, enjoyment and generosity”.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER
- Work with a diverse and interesting portfolio of Norwegian and international clients in a professional, energetic and engaged environment.
- An interesting and exciting work place with collaborative, creative, competent and motivated colleagues.
- Exciting and innovative clients.
- A healthy work-life balance
- Outstanding health benefits and pension
- Your choice of work location: Bergen, Oslo, Trondheim or Fredrikstad.
- Work in a Norwegian owned company with the possibility of future partnership.
HOW TO APPLY?
Please send your application and your CV by logging into Finn.no, code: (Direkte link til stillingen på Finn.no : https://www.finn.no/job/fulltime/ad.html?finnkode=227893564 Please also indicate your preferred place of work.
For further information or questions about the position, please also send an e-mail to our Management Secretary, Ingrid Therese Skinlo: firstname.lastname@example.org
All communication is treated confidentially
Application closing date: 8 September 2021.