- Acapo is always looking for the best. If you are the right person for us please let us know!
- Patent Attorney
- Head of the Patent Department
Acapo is always looking for the best. If you are the right person for us please let us know!
This posting is only available in Norwegian.
In norwegian only
Head of the Patent Department
Acapo AS is one of the leading IP consultancy firms in Norway. For more than 90 years we have assisted Norwegian and international clients protect their Intellectual Property Rights. We cover all technical areas and assist in everything from strategic advice and drafting of applications, to conflict negotiations.
Acapo has offices in Bergen, Oslo and Trondheim. Today, the company has 35 employees, including Lawyers and Patent Attorneys. Acapo is owned by the partners, who all work in the company.
Acapo is a growing company, and we are now looking for a head for our Patent Department. Today, the department consists of 15 Patent Attorneys, all with a technical background and all qualified to at least a Masters degree level, together with a support team. The position will be based at one of our three offices in Norway.
The position will involve the professional and administrative responsibility for the entire Patent Department. The position also entails personnel responsibility for the Patent Attorneys. The head of the patent department will be a member of the management team, and report to the Managing Partner. The position will also require contact with patent authorities and collaborators in Norway and abroad, and to actively participate in increasing our network of contacts and our customer portfolio. Furthermore, it is desirable that the successful candidate will be able to assist our clients with consultancy services.
The main tasks will be:
- Lead, develop and motivate colleagues in the patent department.
- Develop co-operation and relations within the company and with domestic and overseas clients.
- Client consultancy and development of client portfolios
- Follow-up budgets and targets.
- Technical and/or legal education at a Masters level.
- Management training and/or experience within a management role is an advantage.
- Relevant experience from the patent industry and/or the patent trade is desirable.
- Very good knowledge of both spoken and written Norwegian and/or English.
- Good commercial understanding.
- Target focused with the ability action and achieve the desired goals.
- Analytical, structured and well organised.
- Client and services focused.
- Having the ability to listen and see the big picture.
- Good co-operation and communication skills.
- Be able to identify with and promote Acapo’s values, “Credibility, involvement and creativity, result orientation, interaction and learning, joy and generosity”.
WE CAN OFFER
- An independent position with challenging and varied duties in a professional, energetic and engaged environment.
- A popular place of work with competent and motivated colleagues.
- Exciting and innovative clients.
- Work in a Norwegian owned company with the possibility of future partnership.
For further information about the position, please contact our Managing Partner, Hilde Vold-Burgess, tel. +47 55 21 40 84, e-mail: email@example.com or our Head of Patent Gunnar Søndersrød, tel: +47 22 07 19 60, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please send your application and your CV to: email@example.com
All communication is treated confidentially